Sunday, May 9, 2010

letter sent to privacy commissioner

This blog has been in play for some months to gain the full story go to left hand side blog archive go to bottom post and read upwards






Dear sir/madam

Perhaps the quickest way to explain my concerns would be for you to peruse my blog that details my troubles with Telecom http://hwyop.blogspot.com

I first raised my concerns with Telecom with regard to the legality of the national manager Bridgette Dalzell breeching my privacy by accessing emails between my self and my “lawyer”, in an email to Paul Reynolds dated 011209 see note I Page 4 highlighted in red

Paul Reynolds fobbed this of to Jan O’Neil Head of HR she effectively gave me a kiss off letter and failed to answer my concerns refer note 2 page 3 I responded that I was not at all happy and nothing was done

By now it was Christmas so not a lot happened, still had received no indication that telecom was going to resolve anything so emailed your office for advice .I was thus alerted to the fact that they should at least obey some of the principles of the act so I sent all the principles off to their management team and asked that they address the issues refer note 3

This was not addressed, so I sent the same to the Privacy Officer of Telecom Tanya Bowers,
Not having had a reply for a little while rang an asked her for an update she had been advised by someone in HR that it would be handled from their team

So I again gave them some time and when I had heard nothing I sent an email to Hannah Sullivan the HR person who was dealing with me and Ruth Nelson the National Compliance Manager
Refer note 4
As of today’s date 160410 have heard nothing, not even an acknowledgement of the receipt of my email


So who do you send your concerns to and where I would suggest the CEO Paul Reynolds copied to Jan, O.Neill Level 13 Telecom House 8 Hereford St Auckland
What types of actions would resolve my complaint
1
A full public apology from the CEO Paul Reynolds for allowing his company to treat me in such a cavalier manner and especially for treating the Privacy Act and it principles in such a cavalier way
I put every thing in front of them, in a polite but firm way and HR took control of it and ignored it all if this is their attitude to the private details of their employees it does little to confirm the publics faith that their private details are held securely they HR (not the privacy officer as she did what was asked of her requesting it be dealt with by April 1 in time for a employment relations authority hearing) All involved in their roles as mangers from the top down should have aware as your office has indicated that
When you make an access request the agency receiving the request is required to address and respond to your request within 20 working days. In your case you have had the initial response so the Privacy Act would now require the information to be provided to you or not provided with a lawful explanation for withholding the information, and this should not take an unreasonable amount of time.
How does this action possibly cause a negative effect on me?

I required the information to present to the Employment Relations Authority to demonstrate some of the companies’ management staff, complete disregard for the law with regard to not only the privacy act but also the employment act and the health and safety amendment act 2000
It would have proved my claims made to ERA regarding the honesty and integrity of the people that ousted me from the company their non compliance effectively eroded one of the points I could have made to the authority they effectly disenfranchised me yet again of my rights under the act
Thus the rulings due out in the next month will/could have been made without the full facts possible in front of them


2 If any of the participants have acted outside the law they are to held accountable under the law

3 That the response to providing a lawfull explanation for with holding the information be passed via your office in the first instance
Thank you for you time
Warm regards Paul Evans –McLeod
17 Minnie Place, Pukete Te Rapa
Hamilton
Phone 0064 7 8494584
Mobile 0272423017
Paul.evans-mcleod@xtra.co.nz

Current telecom participants
Bridgette Dalzell current head of outsourced customer care at telecom New Zealand whom is Michelle Young's direct report at time of incident
Michelle Young call center manager Hamilton call center, whom is Shaun Hoults direct report at time of incidents

Shaun Hoult team manager weekend team Sat-Tues Hamilton

Iain Galloway HR representative spends a lot of time in Hamilton



No comments:

Post a Comment