Monday, April 26, 2010

acknowledgement of complaint from the privacy commissioner's office

The privacy commissioner has acknowledged receipt of my correspondence and given me a reference number:
it is now being reviewed
;and a reply will be sent out within the next four weeks

What happens now:
first the complaint is assessed to see whether a full investigation is necessary,
if an investigation is needed; the complaint is assigned an investigation officer.

I believe I have already been assigned one, so all is good

The investigation is done via letter or telephone; in some cases they may meet directly with the parties, whom are required to provide the office with all relevant documents and information

Seen that I’m complaining, that they basically have been ignoring me for six months, in regard to this issue, it will be interesting as to what comes up from thier end

When the investigation is finished, they will form an opinion on how the law applies to the complaint ,if the parties cannot settle, then the matter goes to the human rights review tribunal at that point the tribunal makes a legal decision on the application of the act to the compliant .
This is what needs to happen for the protection of all of us

It can also make various types of orders,
including payment of compensation .
the tribunal hears the complaint afresh .
it is not bound by the privacy commissioners complaint out come

So there ARE two things to consider here:

These may have major ramifications for telecom and the public

1 Telecom cannot just ignore issues around the privacy laws and the breeches of the privacy act

2 Although they may have the right to access my emails; do they have the right to access my personal ones, or only those that are work related.
Most importantly do they have the right to access those between myself and my “lawyer”.

Surely not.

Telecom will not be at all happy as this will stir up a lot of legal stuff but they expected me to know all the rules and regulations when they micro-managed me out,
so it’s only fair that they should be held accountable as well. Ironic don't you think?

Someone has to have the courage to stop thier bullying tactics, I guess its me.







Current telecom participants
Bridgette Dalzell current head of outsourced customer care at telecom New Zealand whom is Michelle Young's direct report at time of incident
Michelle Young call center manager Hamilton call center, whom is Shaun Hoults direct report at time of incidents

Shaun Hoult team manager weekend team Sat-Tues Hamilton

Iain Galloway HR representative spends a lot of time in Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment