Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How telecom crushes dissent or awkward questions

To all
This blog has been in play for some months to gain the full story go to left hand side blog archive go to bottom post and read upwards







How telecom crushes dissent or awkward questions

Let’s say I’m still in Shaun Hoults team

I ask a question and don’t get the answers I want I feel I have been taken for granted not treated with respect or whatever my compliant may be

So I think stuff it I’m not being listened to so I will go straight to the top for the sake of this exercise we will say the area I’m talking about is HR so the top man is Wayne peat or he was when I was there

So Wayne gets the email to deal with it he communicates back down the structure he either goes to the head of my area Trish Keith and says what gives she may go to national manager or he may go straight to the Call Center Manager either Sheryl North or Michelle Young

Now here is where it gets interesting you ,you dumb bugger have just landed yourself in some grief for making all those managers above you look like they haven’t got a handle on their staff

None of those above you want very senior management looking over their shoulders cause they to busy sacking staff to earning their 30 shekels towards the next promotion auction

So one of two things happen your boss is called in
And he gets his arse kicked or he suddenly finds himself performance managed until he gets the message or works out why

Sound familiar have you seen it happen

Now’s here the rub

I once got a big prize for asking questions $1500 ,a visit to Hotel de Vin a big spread ,met and sat at a table with the Evers-Swindal sisters Theresa Gattung was there all the big wigs BIG DAY LOTS OF FUN AND THANK YOUS CAUSE SOME OF MY QUESTIONS SAVE THEM MONEY

What changed

The management enough said



Current telecom participants
Bridgette Dalzell current head of outsourced customer care at telecom New Zealand whom is Michelle Young's direct report at time of incident
Michelle Young call center manager Hamilton call center, whom is Shaun Hoults direct report at time of incidents

Shaun Hoult team manager weekend team Sat-Tues Hamilton

Iain Galloway HR representative spends a lot of time in Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment