Sunday, January 3, 2010

but alas no

This blog has been in play for some months to gain the full story go to left hand side blog archive go to bottom post and read upwards




But alas no
Shortly after this meeting I received an email from the current, at the time seconded, National Manager Bridgette Dalzell inviting me to a meeting, she was to be accompanied by Iain Galloway from HR.
I enquired as to what the meeting was about and received an evasive reply.

I immediately started to become suspicious as to their intent

From: Bridgette Dalzell
Sent: Wednesday, 17 December 2008 11:11 a.m.
To: Paul Evans-Mcleod
Cc: Michelle Young
Subject: RE: Invite to Meeting

Hi Paul,

We haven't met face to face yet so I would like to meet you.

Iain Galloway is from HR and is coming to Hamilton for the day with me. Iain and I would like to talk to you about your concerns that you have raised with the HR team over the last couple of months, your concerns around outsourcing and changes to your contact. Iain and I both thought this meeting would be better face to face rather than you approaching different people in the HR team to seek clarification on different aspects.

Regards,

Bridgette

_____________________________________________

From: Paul Evans-Mcleod

Sent: Tuesday, 16 December 2008 11:43 p.m.

To: Bridgette Dalzell

Subject: Accepted: Invite to Meeting

When: Monday, 22 December 2008 1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. (GMT+12:00) Auckland, Wellington.

Where: Hamilton ASB

Thank you Bridgette



I'm happy to attend



Seems a lot trouble though and I'm sure you have more pressing things to do than talk to me





All I really require is a directive to hr to allow me to have 100% of my concession entitlement applied against my rental.



I'm aware of what I'm entitled to under my contract.

All I'm seeking is parity with other staff as to how I manage my concession which honestly doesn't seem to be such a biggy to me.

My current concession structure puts me at a disadvantage, and negates me getting as fuller benefit as my work mates who are on the newer schemes.



The current model that telecom is embracing with respect to usage, indicates to me my entitlement is long overdue for an overhaul, as it is obviously not going to meet my needs going forward in this new environment.



To be clear I'm not asking for any more money or a greater concession just permission to apply it in the same way 95% of the staff can.

A change will cost telecom nothing



I have no wish to tie everybody up with such a trivial thing but if consensus cant be reached I would like to apply to renegotiate this part of my contract



What is Iain Galloway,s role and position in this meeting please

paul

yeah right to clarify around this time there where lots of rumors floating around about the out sourcing to manila I was on a very very very old contract called the expired collective not a lot of people even in hr knew the full details of it and it ramifications with regard to redundancy it involved quite large sums of $$$$ its a contract that is 90 pages long

Current telecom participants
Bridgette Dalzell current head of outsourced customer care at telecom New Zealand Michelle Youngs direct report at time of incident
Michelle Young call center manager Hamilton call center
Shaun Hoults direct report at time of incidents
Shaun Hoult team manager weekend team sat- tues Hamilton
Iain Galloway HR representative spends a lot of time in Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment