Sunday, January 3, 2010

statement of fact

This blog has been in play for some months to gain the full story go to left hand side blog archive go to bottom post and read upwards



Once upon a time in a far far away land.

Nope bad start.

This wasnt a fairy tale.

It didnt have a fair tale ending

So we will start again.

In the beginning

Late in 2008 I suffered a heart attack which resulted in time in hospital, a stent was implanted in a blocked artery and thus required time off work.

(I had accumulated 90 days sick leave in the previous 12 years had at most two sick days, I am not one to take sick leave on a whim.)

In this period I received no communication from the management of the site, both disappointing and distressing, though the members of my immediate team were in touch.

On returning to work , I felt strangely angry, this reflected in my performance and demeanor (anger is a byproduct of having a heart attack apparently)

My work was monitored , I was called into a meeting, there severely remonstrated by my manager Shaun Hoult, his duty and his right when acting on behalf of the company .
We had what might be termed a lively discussion in which I expressed my displeasure of the companies behavior however it concluded with an amicable solution.

I apologized for my behavior, thanked him for listening and promised to improve, we shook on the agreement , both parties, felt listened to, understood and had agreed on the outcomes of the meeting.

I duly changed my ways as promised ,Shaun noticed the improvement and past positive comments, so in my mind, we were all back on course, Thankfully.

Several weeks later I was invited to a meeting with Shaun and the site manager Michelle Young, various things were discussed in general and then my previous behavior was raised.

I informed Shaun Hoult and Michelle Young that this had already been addressed, discussed ,apologies had been accepted, improvements had been made .noted , appreciated and acknowledged, so I considered the matter closed.

I expressed that I felt that it was wrong on the companies behalf, for me to be castigated for the same offense twice

The meeting concluded and I again thought that was the end of it .

but alas no

Current telecom participants
Bridgette Dalzell current head of outsourced customer care at telecom New Zealand
Michelle Youngs direct report at time of incident
Michelle Young call center manager Hamilton call center
Shaun Hoults direct report at time of incidents
Shaun Hoult team manager weekend team sat- tues Hamilton
Iain Galloway HR representative spends a lot of time in Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment